Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lysol Power Toilet Cleaner vs The Clorox Toilet Wand




Of all of the rooms of the house, I hate cleaning the bathroom the most…or should I say I use to. I’ve been fortunate enough to not live in areas with hard water so the mess that I have is a lot less than it could be. Although, if this is your case and you have a ring around your toilet I’ve heard that if you pour a cup of bleach in the toilet bowl and let it sit overnight it should help to get rid of it. A can of Coke is supposed to do the same thing.

For my purposes, the Clorox Toilet Wand has saved me all kinds of time and trouble. I love that the little brush heads are disposable and all you have to do is push a button. I love that it doesn’t look tacky sitting in the bathroom. And I also love how affordable it is.



Before the Clorox Toilet Wand (which was my husband’s suggestion) I used Lysol Power Toilet Cleaner. I could squeeze it up under the rim of the toilet and walk away. When I came back to the bathroom later all I would have to do is flush and the inside of the toilet was clean. I have no complaints, even though my mother said she used it and her toilet broke. I don’t think I believe her on this one. Knowing her she probably found a way to mess up the easiest cleaning system on earth and is grasping for something to blame.


The Lysol Power Toilet Cleaner is a great no effort way to eliminate the chore of cleaning the toilet. The directions say to come back and scrub later, but I never did. All it ever needed was a good flush and I was off to do other things. The Clorox Toilet Wand is equally effective, but the husband likes it so much that again all I have to do is walk away and TADA! Clean toilet. My view of these fine products being equally effective is probably skewed, I know, but the end result is always the same. The Clorox website offers a $5 off coupon. It’s worth taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment