Tuesday, May 12, 2009
10 More Quick and Easy Kitchen Tips
1. Spray cooking spray in plastic containers before putting tomato based products in them. This will prevent that notorious orange stain from forming.
2. Spray furniture polish on walls to prevent grease from accumulating there.
3. Line the tops of cabinets with newspaper to collect grease. Change it out periodically.
4. Crumple up newspaper and put it into plastic containers and thermoses or flasks to get rid of any lingering odors. Leave it overnight.
5. Store thermoses and flasks with sugar in them to prevent them from smelling musty.
6. Never mix ammonia and bleach, the fumes are toxic.
7. Baking soda and water make a great paste for removing coffee stains on countertops.
8. Cream of Tartar and water make a great past for getting rid of stains on porcelain.
9. Vinegar and water cut right through grease on cabinets and other surfaces.
10. Vinegar in the dishwasher will help to get rid of the film it leaves on dishes.