Monday, May 11, 2009
10 Quick and Easy Odor Removal Tips
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Put a spoonful of butter on it and put in the oven at about 250 degrees. The whole house will smell like you just baked something wonderful.
2. Put dryer sheets in between the cushions of the couch so whenever someone sits down it will release a fresh clean smell.
3. Put a piece of charcoal in with the flowers in a vase to prevent that stale smell.
4. Febreze upholstery regularly.
5. Put lemon rinds or orange rinds in the garbage disposal and turn it on to eliminate odors.
6. Pour bleach down the drains to clean them out and prevent bad smells from coming up.
7. Remove smells in clothing by pouring a cup of white vinegar in the washing machine during the rinse cycle.
8. Put dryer sheets in shoes to get rid of lingering odors.
9. Sprinkle baking soda on the furniture that the dog has been on and vacuum it up in about 20 minutes to get rid of doggy smells.
10. Place a dish of baking soda in the bathroom to absorb odors.