Tuesday, May 12, 2009
10 Quick and Easy Kitchen Tips
1. Always keep a box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors. Replace it every 30 days.
2. Put half a lemon in the dishwasher next time you run it to make dishes sparkle.
3. Put a dryer sheet in the bottom of the trash can before you put in the bag to help with bad smells.
4. Line the bottom of the crisper drawers with newspaper to keep it clean, absorb moisture, and prevent odors.
5. For tough stuck on food on pans, fill the pan with water and place a dryer sheet in it. In the morning the dryer sheet will have demagnetized the burnt food and it will be easier to clean.
6. Boiling ground cloves on the stove will help to get rid of lingering odors.
7. Soak a piece of bread in white vinegar and place it in a lunchbox overnight to get rid of any smells.
8. Nail polish remover with acetone will get rid of burn stains in the microwave and also melted plastic that may be stuck on appliances.
9. Run a sink full of hot water and add a cup of white vinegar and one tablespoon of dish soap. Soak glassware for 15 minutes to remove any hard water residue or just to make it sparkle.
10. Use mineral oil to wipe away fingerprints on stainless steel appliances.