Friday, December 28, 2012

How to Clean a Laptop



I don’t know about you, but my laptop seems to collect dirt and dust like small trophies. My screen proudly displays these small trophies over words I’m trying to read and pictures I’m trying to look at. Gross. Since I should probably do this anyway, here’s the scoop on cleaning up a dirty laptop…like mine.



Make sure you unplug it and turn it off. The last thing you want is to accidentally zap yourself and fry your computer in the process. None of those things are good.

Combine hydrogen peroxide and distilled water together. A three to one ratio should work fine.

With the use of a spray bottle, spritz the mixture onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down the screen. Don’t soak the cloth. Excess moisture will make a mess and possible damage your laptop.

Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner brush to clean around the keys on the keyboard. If it’s really dirty, pop off all the keys and vacuum underneath them.

Wipe down the rest of the laptop with a dry microfiber cloth.

Do not plug your laptop and plug it back in until there is no trace of moisture anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment