Friday, March 18, 2011
Remove Mold from Linoleum
Mold spores are a daily part of our lives. They exist to decompose dead, organic matter. Without them everything that ever was, would still be. For it to thrive 4 conditions must be met; there must be oxygen, a food source, the correct temperature range and moisture. Mold needs moisture to reproduce, and even more moisture to continue to live. If mold is cleaned up, and the moisture returns, the mold is sure to follow.
Things You'll Need:
• 2 tbsp chlorine bleach
• Plastic gloves
• Scrub brush
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of chlorine bleach with 1 quart of warm water. Pour some of the chlorine bleach mix onto the molded area.Let the chlorine bleach sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Put on the plastic gloves. The gloves are to protect your hands from the chlorine leach, but are not a necessity.
3. Scrub the molded area with a scrub brush. This should not require much elbow grease.
4. Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water.
5. Mop up the water and mold.
Be sure to clean the mop and scrub brush thoroughly when finished. The mold spores are still alive and will grow inside the objects you clean it up with.